Here For You
Miami Beach and Overtown
- The Here For You Elderly Services Program provides social services to persons age 60 and over who reside in Miami Beach and Overtown. The goals of the program are to assist elders in maintaining their independence in their community; to improve their nutritional status; to enhance the quality of their lives; to provide them with support and security and to provide their caregivers with assistance and relief so that they can continue to provide care.
- The Here For You Program is funded by Miami-Dade County: AHCA LIC. # 228657.
- Physical, Environmental, Psycho-Social Assessment to evaluate services needs that increase and/or maintain independence and quality of life
- Caregiver training and support workshops are provided in different senior buildings throughout the Miami Beach area.
- Workshops are presented by professionals and cover different topics to build awareness, teach skills, help lower stress levels and increase information and knowledge.
- Homemaker Services for the Frail Elders
- Attainment or recertification of financial and medical benefits
- Prevention of abuse or neglect
- Exploration and development of natural environment support network
- Social and leisure time management / Exploration of housing opportunities
- Gerontological supportive counseling to abate loneliness and depression
- Crisis prevention
- Caregiver training and support while visiting client
- Community Referrals
- Services are provided in client home or other natural environments
- There are no fees for services
- Ayuda is a representative payee agency for disabled adults.